Vox Intra loosely translates to “inner voice” in Latin. It was founded by me, Karolina, with the intention of providing people with tools that empower them to live authentically and deepen their understanding of themselves.
I immigrated from Poland to the US as a child with my family. Their work ethic, strength, resilience, and proud Polish spirit inspired me to persevere in the face of challenges all my life...But the true start of my own healing journey was a divorce much later in my life, and it helped me to realize there was so much I didn't know.
So, I got to work!
In therapy, I began to work through issues of attachment, codependency, and trauma (as well as coping with being a highly sensitive person). That journey taught me (and is still teaching me) so much about myself.
My experiences awakened a deep respect for the human capacity to evolve, release pain, and heal. With that in mind, I created the first edition of the Shadow Seeker deck so that I could pass on my learnings to others.
It became my best seller, leading to other healing card decks like the Heart Mender (for breakups and self-love) and Chrysalis Breaker (for codependency, people-pleasing, and nurturing your sense of Self).
My decks are strongly inspired by CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy) and other common therapeutic interventions and concepts. I've taken several psychology courses in preparation for a master's program/degree in psychology and consider that my next step in expanding my knowledge and products.
(Disclaimer: I am not a licensed mental health professional, and my decks are intended to be used as educational resource. It's highly recommended that you consult a qualified mental health professional for guidance while working with them).
Main goals and values of Vox Intra:
- To empower individuals.
- To help people see themselves more clearly.
- To help people embrace the human condition in a culture/society where a stigma exists around mental health, and there is pressure to react or feel in only accepted ways.
- To help users cultivate self-compassion, self-love, mindfulness, and authenticity in daily life.
- To normalize difficult feelings often viewed as "bad" or unacceptable.
- To assist people in building up their sense of Self and their unique identity by helping them identify their values, needs, boundaries, and feelings.
- Provide products that are non-judgmental, appropriate for various identities and orientations, and encourage the user to develop insight (self-understanding) or advocate for themselves in order to seek more help if needed.
I know that this is a broad list and these things can't be achieved solely through a card deck, but it's my hope that what I create can at least serve as one of many helpful companions and tools on your journey.
As the brand grows, so does the vision. More decks are coming that focus on topics such as self-care, personal development, inner child healing, connection with self and others, emotion, and self-discovery.
Thank you for supporting Vox Intra.
Remember that you are strong enough to come out the other side feeling more loved and whole than ever before.
...And always listen for your inner voice.
Check out Karolina and Vox Intra across other media!
Interview with Voyage Dallas
Gritty Mystic Podcast with Tracy King